Recently I have been pulling out some old projects and working towards finishing them.
Today I am revisiting my One Flower Wednesday project. In 2010 I started making hexagon flowers with Karen of Journey of a Quilter. At the end of 2010 I had 21 one inch hexagon flowers made from Liberty Tana lawn fabric. I had lots of fun fussy cutting all those fabrics. It has taken me quite a while to get them back out and find a background fabric.
Here they are appliqued on to a piece of linen.
I decided the layout needed something extra, so I have made 10 more hexie flowers. I used the same fabrics as before, but fussy cut some of them from different sections of fabric. I love the pansies on the bottom hexie. :) I plan to use these 5/8 inch hexagons with vines and leaves in 2 corners.
I am still deciding on how to arrange them.
There are still lots of leaves to be made also.
While we are speaking of Liberty fabrics, look what just arrived this afternoon!!
A small selection from the Liberty Lifestyle collection - Bloomsbury Gardens.There are 55 fabrics in the whole collection: 11 designs in each of 5 different colours. These fabrics came from here. The fabrics are a typical patchwork fabric weight with new Liberty designs. I am looking forward to playing with them! :)
It has been a while since I posted any photos of flowers from my garden. Here are some to finish up.
Violas and lobelia planted with spring flowers bulbs and below the first miniature daffodil.