Monday, January 10, 2011

Is one more new project one too many????


.....not when it is Lori's new Doll Quilt Quiltalong! :) This time her quilt is called Midnight Stars and I have joined in. I have sewn the little hst squares in the first step and I am looking forward to the next set of instructions.....no photos yet.


The photo above is my latest finished blocks for Josephs Coat. These blocks were already prepared, so I just had to applique down the petals. I have lots of half square blocks to make now.



Below is North Star, the second block from Barbara Brackman's Civil War Commemoration quilt.


Edit.......I have just been told by a lovely lady my points are on upside down!! Ooopps!!!
I am un stitching as I type (well almost! lol).....new photo coming!!!


North Star the second!!!!



Now it looks like a star! Thank you Julia :)




Look what just arrived! :)






Time for a cup of tea and a quiet read.

The fabric the book is lying on is also a creation of Michele Hill's. This is her first range of fabrics and it is called The Adelaide Collection.

18 comments:

  1. My goodness you are productive. Where do you get all your hours from and can a have a few please?? :)
    I love the blue/green colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think one more project will break the camel's back, especially when it is so appealing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have wanted to join Lori's quit alongs but there is always something else happening and I file the directions away for another time.
    I have seen Michelle's new range of fabrics and hope to invest in some in the near future. I have her first book. Would you recommend this one?

    ReplyDelete
  4. A doll quilt should be guilt free anyway so have fun. Lucky you put a photo of the CW block up or you might not have noticed. You're going much better than me on the JC's, I'm at a standstill.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you made a deliberate mistake too. I made mine on block 1 and a kindly blogger pointed it out to me.

    I am doing Lori's Quilt a long to.
    Happy stitching lets hope we both get block 3 right.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely the new book - I haven't seen it yet. Your JC is a wonderful project and fun to watch progress.
    Hooray - the quilt along - I have pulled fabric, but not cut yet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. No, there is always room for one more WIP! Of course, for me, it might end up a UFO in the end, but as long as I am having fun now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness but you have some great stuff going on here! How fun. I look forward to what's to come. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The JC is also beautiful! I know I will probably never make one so I have to lust after yours.
    Lucky girl, Michele Hill's new book! I can't wait to get mine.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am off to see the link for the doll quilt along.
    OOO, I have not seen that book yet.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Let's face it, one can never have too many projects LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Isn't it wonderful that we bloggers help point out the little errors of our way? The block looks great. I really like that piece of fabric, it would be wonderful as a background piece....what are you going to use it for?

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, lots of fun projects and reading for you. Your edit comment about the points has me confused -- I certainly don't see anything that looks wrong!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an excellent post, Miriam! I love the colors of your Joseph Coat blocks. Have FUN with your new or old projects!!! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your Joseph blocks are just gorgeous! Enjoy your William Morris book.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the blues and grees in your Joseph's Coat. Enjoy all of your new projects and your new book.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Can't wait to see this finished!

    ReplyDelete