Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Cheddar Cheese and Crackers Progress

Last night I finished sewing together all the blocks for my Cheddar Cheese and Crackers.
My colour placement is quite different from the original. I am really happy with how this little quilt is coming along. I can't wait to hand quilt it. If you look at this post on Lori of Humble Quilts blog you can see lots more Cheddar Cheese and Crackers quilts.


While watching the Winter Olympics (Go Aussies!!!!) on TV I have been doing some hand sewing on my Waterloo borders. One more side to go, then lots of little circles need to be appliqued on.





On a much more serious note I found this message on the blog of Jane of Jane's Fabrics and Quilts.


Please, make your car a







9 comments:

  1. love those Waterloo borders.
    Karen
    http://karensquilting.com/blog/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Cheddar Cheese and Crackers is adorable! I love the colors! I will go check out the other quilts as well.
    The Waterloo is gorgeous! You are doing a great job.
    I can't wait for my roses to bloom :)
    Blessings & Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, another cheddar quilt! I still want to make one myself. A good finish on making the top.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cheddar quilt is looking gorgeous as are your Waterloo borders. Good message on the phone, I have enough trouble with it when I'm not driving, I can't even imagine how people text while behind the wheel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your CCC is adorable!! Love the borders with the Rouenneries fabrics! What an absolutely beautiful superwhite rose!! Does it smell? My car is and always will be a no-phone-zone! Take care and have a nice day! Hugs, Daniƫlle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun hand quilting. Its so relaxing and rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely projects Miriam, I didn't know that the Jacob's Coat project has berries too.

    My car is a no phone zone....no cell phones at all, made it the first 60 years without one, can do the same with the next 60 LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute little quilt...I love all of the red in it.

    You are making me want to start the Waterloo quilt. Your borders are lovely!

    I agree with the no cell phones in cars, not that I always follow that, but I have started refusing to talk to my daughter while she's driving in traffic.

    Oh and I saw a policeman texting while driving the other day....what a dummy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really pretty quilt...I love the black and gold combination.
    Micki

    ReplyDelete