Monday, October 12, 2009

Progress

The next Morrell block is complete!!! There are 128 pieces in that border! I procrastinated over this block for ages. I was intimidated by the number of tiny pieces. Then I figured if I could sew Dear Jane's Nan's Naiad I could sew anything!

Now I have all the blocks for the first 3 rows complete. I want to join them together before I start any more new blocks. I can't wait to see what they look like together!!


While my fingers were recouperating from all that hand sewing I started a new project on my machine. The fabric is from a Hanamomen line I bought when we were in Tokyo 2 or 3 years ago. More pictures coming...

Today I got the next border sewn on the Antique quilt and I have 2 rows of stars sewn together! I hope it all fits together properly!


A few weeks ago I posted a photo of 2 black swans I saw while I was out walking.

Well, today I walked in the same place and


.......Mr and Mrs Black Swan are now the proud parents of 3 fluffy little cygnets!!!

8 comments:

  1. Just Love your Morrell Block, Miriam. Good Job on the border. Will be very interested to see your rows put together.
    Have Fun
    Cheers
    Lynne

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Morrel block is wonderful, what a lot of pieces! I can't wait to see the three rows together either. You really are getting some quality sewing time in. Love the last photo, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooo very pretty block!! Yep, that Dear Jane sure a great warm up to doing other difficult blocks LOL.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've said the same thing about the Nan's Naiad block before...lol....nothing is impossible now!

    Stunning block and lots of hard work went into that one. Hurry and get your rows joined because I'm waiting on pins and needles to see them.

    Cute Swan family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your work on the Morrell block is fabulous... you can now achieve anything! It will benice to see the row together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes Miriam...your block is gorgeous!
    Look forward to seeing the three rows together..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely block.
    I like the sneak peek.
    Oh the swans are grand. Thanks for sharing a picture of the babies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. catching up on lots of posts........you have been very busy with the Morrell............

    ReplyDelete