Tuesday, October 6, 2009

New specs!!!

I picked up my new spectacles today. Its the first time I have had multifocals, so it is going to take some time to get used to them. The difference for mid and long distance is amazing! Everything is so clear!! It is going to take a while to get used to close up work. There is a little spot I have to find where every thread is clear.......I keep moving my head and losing it!!
It could be I am just tired. How are all my fellow Aussies on the East coast coping with the beginning of Daylight Saving?? I always feel a little jet lagged for a few days after losing an hour of sleep!

The fabric the glasses are resting on is a new find for me today. It is called quilter's sateen. It has a glorious sheen. The colour is a soft, creamy white, rather than a stark white. There were other soft colours available too. I found it here.


The block below is my latest finish for the Morrell Quilt: Devil's Claws.


The MQ block I am working on at the moment has over 100 pieces in the border. 3 sides done, 1 side and 4 corners to go. Then I can join together the first 3 rows!!!!

Only 3 more stars to make for the AQ and then I can start joining them together too.

Fingers crossed I have something significant for my next post!

Happy sewing everyone! :)

8 comments:

  1. LOVE the devils claw block....just the kind I like to make! I'm not sure I've used the quilter's sateen before, but it looks beautiful.

    I cannot wait to see the next MQ block, so hurry....lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the block!! Just my style, lots of pieces :0)

    I've used other fabrics that have that satiny feel but when you try popping a knot through for hand quilting, the threads pull. I wonder if this would happen with the new fabric.

    Crispy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've used sateen in a block before and you do have to be careful not to snag a thread but it looks so good. The devils claw block looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous block!
    Sateen can snag with rough skin..but it would look lovely in a quilt..
    Julia ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the block...congrats on the new glasses...once you get used to them you will wonder what you ever did without them!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I remember getting bifocals and it takes a while to get used them. That Sateen fabric looks so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the devils claw block - very effective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have had progressive glasses for almost 2 years and I am STILL trying to get use to them.. I find it difficult moving quickly-eg gardening outside, vacuuming, exercising etc where I have to look down. But I love them for sewing, driving and everything else...so hang in there! Love the quilt your working on!
    Paulette

    ReplyDelete